Are you a talented
CMS Web Developer?
You are a web developer and would like to work in an interdisciplinary team to create digital products and marketing measures? Let's talk!
Why we make a great team at makers99
- You're not left on your own. We exchange our skills with Pair Programming sessions.
- You know that failing to plan is planning to fail. That's why we organise things smoothly and stick with our plan.
- You can actually make things happen! No lengthy decision processes or hierarchies.
- Our company culture is built on respect, empathy and diversity.
- We really value our coding standards.
- We are open to improvement. Do you want to optimize the build pipeline? Do you have an idea to improve our projects? Let's do it! In our weekly Research & Development timeslot you can keep up with the latest innovations.
- We want you to share your ideas and get to know each other at our biyearly workshops.
How does your day look like as a CMS Web Developer?
As a CMS Web Developer you implement digital products. You are responsible for bringing ideas to life.
You are doing this with us:
- Planning technical solutions for individual features and whole sites for customers
- Extending existing platforms and building new websites and online stores
- Coordinating task and project statuses directly with customers, also in agile sprints
- Reviewing change proposals of others and giving constructive feedback
- Analyzing and optimizing the site performance
- Connecting enrichment services like Elasticsearch and marketing automation tools like newsletters and CRMs
- Developing custom data imports, exports, and migrations
- Contributing features and fixes to third-party plugin vendors and the CMS core
- Implementing automated tests and integrations with monitoring systems
- Integrating a pattern library and custom Gutenberg blocks into themes
- Customizing the frontend appearance
- Reviewing third-party sites as part of audits for our customers
You have valuable experience with:
- WordPress and ideally other CMS like Craft, Drupal, etc
- WooCommerce or comparable e-commerce platforms
- Custom Gutenberg blocks for custom frontend components
- Developing new plugins and themes (ideally also published publicly like our extensions)
- Typical problems of CMS update and upgrade processes and how to avoid them
- HTTP headers and reverse proxy caching like Varnish and Nginx Cache
- Contributing fixes and improvements to open-source upstream vendors
- Best practices and writing clean code
- Understanding foreign code bases
- Participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture and design
- Spoken and written English on a professional level
You are familiar with these tools:
- Peer review and version control platforms like GitHub
- Command line tools like Git, Composer, WP-CLI, SSH, npm, gulp
- Component library UIs like Storybook, Fractal, Patternlab
- Continuous integration platforms like GitHub Actions, Platform.sh, Tugboat.qa, Netlify
- Project management tools like Asana
- Collaboration tools like Slack and Google Apps (GSuite)
- Documentation tools like Notion
This comes out of your work in the end:
- Functionality that is well-tested and resolves the needs of the customer
- An implementation approach that can be maintained and updated easily
- Code that is clean and can be understood and extended by others
- Time estimates that are reliable
We would like to welcome you to our team!
This is how it looks like with us:
- Independent and self-responsible work is part of our DNA. Flexible working hours and home office are absolutely natural for us – we see our work as a very important part of life. But only as a part that should fit flexibly with the rest.
- You will find a set of values that we love and live every day.
- You’ll meet a colourful international team full of digital enthusiasts who burn for their subjects – just like you do.
- A mentor will give you regular feedback. As we are constantly changing and try to get a little better every day, we would like to see the opposite. Get involved and let us know if we miss a step and what we can do better.
- There is fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks in all offices. We also meet every Monday for lunch together.
- Togetherness is important to us: we meet for team activities and joint workshops alternately in our offices in Karlsruhe, Cologne and Barcelona.
- You enjoy further education and we support you in this – with language courses, conference visits and further qualifications.
- We are fond of animals: Dogs can be brought to the office after getting to know them. Currently, the Karlsruhe office offers fish and a fluffy dog.
- You will have 28 days of holidays. You can enjoy them when it fits best in your calendar.
- We make sure that you can work under the best conditions: Laptop, mobile phone contract, the right hardware, train ticket or job bike – ride with us!
Minimum 4 years experience in the field.
Hold a valid work permit.